Step by step guide to add new carrier for shipping and manage shipping prices
A carrier is a way to send product to customers .In prestashop website ,create a carrier is method of shipping of products . Shipping is a foundation of any eCommerce website . To add and manage carrier login to prestashop dashboard . Then go to “shipping” tab and then click on “carrier” .
To add new shipping method in dashboard click on “Add New Carrier” on the top right of carrier page .In custom carrier field click on “Add New Carrier” button .
General Settings tab
- Carrier name : you can choose any name ( mandatory ) .
- Transit Time : Write estimated dispatch time or reach time to customer (Mandatory). Example: 2-3 days
- Speed Grade : Speed grade is comparison of transit speed .It is only useful if you are using more than one shipping carriers . Suppose you have two courier companies for your website “Ship 1” and “Ship 2” . And “Ship 2” is more fast services than first carrier . Then you may write Ship 2 speed grade is “A” and Ship 1 speed grade is “B” . So you can leave this field blank .
- Logo: To select a logo for courier company ,click on the link “Choose File ” to upload image file as logo . Image must be only jpg, jpeg, gif or png format only and image size in between 8 MB . But recommend create a web optimized image for fast page loading .
- Tracking Url : In this field fill the courier company’s website tracking url . Where your can track the shipment or parcel .
Shipping Locations And Costs
- Add Handling Costs : To add handling costs on all shipments Enable this ,otherwise “No” .
- Free Shipping : If all of your store products have free shipping then “Yes“.
- Billing : If shipping is calculated according price then select “According to total price” . But if the cost is calculated according parcel weight then click “According to total weight“.
- Tax :User can add tax rules in this area .
- Out of range behavior : When package weight is lower or higher than described weight range , this function works . Suppose you set $5 for 1 kg parcel and $ 10 for 2 kg parcel .One of the parcel is 3 kg which is not mentioned . This is known as out of range behavior . You can disable carrier for out of range behavior or set the maximum higher price for all of out of range products . Click here to learn about “Ranges“.
Before set out of range behavior you have to needed to set the ranges . After set ranges one more thing you have to select ,that is shipping country or region .
Select minimum one region before go ahead such as one country or continent . After that click “Next”
Size Weight and group access
In this section you have to mention maximum package weight ,height ,width and depth . Suppose maximum weight is mentioned 2 kg ,then all of shipments of higher weight that 2 kg are “out of range” as you read in “shipping and location costs” section .
In group access you can set the type of customer group such as which type of customer group can access this carrier . Guest customer visitor ,Customer .