What is HTTP Status Code 2xx (200,201,202….226 )
This class is second class of HTTP Protocol response status codes . It indicates the action requested by the client was received, understood, accepted and processed successfully.
HTTP Status Code 200 means “OK”
- Standard response for successful HTTP requests. The actual response will depend on the request method used. In a GET request, the response will contain an entity corresponding to the requested resource.
- In a POST request, the response will contain an entity describing or containing the result of the action.
Status code 201 means “Created”
- The request has been fulfilled and resulted in a new resource being created .
202 means Response in “Accepted”
- The request has been accepted for processing, but the processing has not been completed. The request might or might not eventually be acted upon, as it might be disallowed when processing actually takes place.
Response code means 203 means “Non-Authoritative Information (since HTTP/1.1)”
- The server successfully processed the request, but is returning information that may be from another source.
204 status code means “No Content”
- The server successfully processed the request, but is not returning any content.
205 status code means “Reset Content”
- The server successfully processed the request, but is not returning any content. Unlike a 204 response, this response requires that the requester reset the document view.
Response code 206 means “Partial Content”
- The server is delivering only part of the resource due to a range header sent by the client. The range header is used by HTTP clients to enable resuming of interrupted downloads, or split a download into multiple simultaneous streams.
HTTP status 207 means “Multi-Status”
- The message body that follows is an XML message and can contain a number of separate response codes, depending on how many sub-requests were made.
Status code 208 means “Already Reported”
- The members of a DAV binding have already been enumerated in a previous reply to this request, and are not being included again.
226 status code means “IM Used”
- The server has fulfilled a request for the resource, and the response is a representation of the result of one or more instance-manipulations applied to the current instance.