Prestashop is a popular script for making free ecommerce website.In this article step by step guide to add new product in prestashop.
Go to catalog on dashboard: To add new product on prestashop website login to admin panel.know go to dashboard.on the left tab bar click on catalog.Click on “add new product” tab.This tab is located on upper right side of catalog screen.
Fill Product info in information page
In the information page fill the product basic information.
Select product type: In “Type” field select product type.
- If product is solid in condition then select “standard product”.For example toy, electronic goods, gifts,automobiles,crockery, garments etc.
- If product is combination of two or more products then select “pack of existing products”. example toy and battery ,knife and spoon. etc.
- If product is virtual in condation then select “Virtual product (services, booking, downloadable products, etc.)” .This type of products are softwares,other downloadable products, ticket booking, room booking and other services etc.
Fill Product Identity: In the name field write name of the product.
- In the “Reference code” fill the internal manufacturer code or leave it blank
- EAN-13 or JAN barcode are used to identify product internationally. If you have no EAN-13 or JAN barcode than leave it blank.
- Fill the UPC Barcode.
Product Visibility And condition: Enable product.with enable product it is visible on website. In the visibility field select visibility type of product.