Ayurvedic treatment for oily skin
Oily skin is largely hereditary — Excess oil can also be the result of heightened hormone levels, which is why teenagers often have acne.Oily skin is shiny, thick and dull colored. Often a chronically oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes. It is prone to blackheads.here is some Tips of Ayurvedic treatment for oily skin.
1. Wash skin with plenty of warm water (2-3 times a day) and mild soap or herbal scrub to prevent clogging of pores.
2. Avoid using harsh chemicals to remove oil, as some amount of natural oil is needed to maintain the texture of skin.
3. Avoid too much washing of skin as it leads to overproduction of oil to compensate the loss.
4. Always use hot water to wash face as it dissolves clogged oil and also balances Kapha.
5. Use a moisturizer, free of oil.
6. Avoid sticky make up, which clogs the pores.
7. Apply half spoon of lemon juice mixed with half spoon of cucumber juice to face half an hour before taking bath.
8. To clear away excess oil, use a herbal pack containing herbs that normalize kapha and lessens excess oil secretion.
9. Mix equal parts of lemon juice and water. Apply this mixture on the face and rinse it first with warm water and then followed by cold water.
10. Avoid heavy, fried fatty food.
11. Avoid cheese and sugar rich desserts.
12. Consume light, well-spiced food as they balance kapha.
13. Avoid constipating foods.
14. Include ginger, pepper, and long pepper in your diet.
15. Exercise regularly.
16. Eat plenty of leafy green vegetables and fresh fruits.
17. Massaging the whole body with herbal oil rejuvenates the body and skin.
18. Use ayurvedic body cleansers, which expel body toxins.
19. Avoid excessive consumption of soft drinks, alcohol, tea, coffee and chocolates.
Related articles across the web