Step by Step Tutorial to configure Dreamweaver with web server
Dreamweaver is a software for website designing . It have built in features to edit HTML , PHP and other web development languages . User can edit , change and maintain his live website using Dreamweaver .To control your website from your desktop you need configure Dreamweaver with your web server .
This is a really good feature of this application .
To do this you need to configure your Dreamweaver to server to manage live website . Follow these simple steps to do this
Step 1 Create a website folder on Local Drive
First step is most important part to configure Dreamweaver to your web server or your hosting server . For this , go to start menu and open Dreamweaver . In the window click on HTML in create new page .
An html page with some html coding is displayed on the page . On the top menu click on site tab then click on new site .
In site setup page click on site tab and write the site name . Suppose i want to configure Dreamweaver to my website tectrick.org then settting are as followes
Site tab settings
- Site name : tectrick
- Local Site Folder : create a new forlder on desktop with name tectrick.org and browse this folder by click on folder button in the local site folder field .
Servers tab setting
Click on the servers tab and then click on( + ) sign button to add server
- In the server name field write server name you can choose name for as server name .
- In connect using tab select FTP .
- In ftp address field fill your ftp address . If you don’t know your ftp address then ask from your web host . And in the port name leave it( 21 ) .
- In username field fill your username . Fill the username which you used to login to Cpanel or Admin panel to you web host.
- Fill the password . password is also same which you are used to login to cpanel or admin panel .
- Type public_html in the Root Directory field .
- After all this click on test button . If all is right then a confirmation message is displayed on screen . Then click save button to save the work and close the window .
After that click on connect to server button . It is located in lower right side of the screen under database tab. Wait for while Dreamweaver is connected to web server . After connection public_html folder and other folders are displayed in the database tab .
Know Dreamweaver is configured to your web server
In the next article learn how to maintain and edit live website using Dreamweaver
If you like the video or article click Subscribe Link to watch more related videos .
If you required more help see the video