What is Cpanel
What is cpanel ? this is a normal question in beginners mind .Cpanel definition is simple . cPanel is a Linux-based web hosting control panel . It Provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site. cPanel can works as a dedicated server or Virtual Private Server .cPanel is the premier control panel for simplifying server configuration, email, and website management. It has many other Uses of cpanel such as followings .
As i told Cpanel is designed as a control panel for linux hosting so user can completely control the hosting .Cpanel is very helpful tool for manage server . Following Buit in visual tools of cpanel provide access control on web hosting .
Control on files and Folders
- Such as create files and folders on server using Ftp or http
- Hide and show files and folders
- Set or change permissions for files and folders
Manage disk space
- Manage disk space of hosting
- Increase or decrease allocated space for specific domain or all domains
- Add or remove domains and sub domains
- Redirect domains and subdomains
Control on databases
- Using cpanel user can manage database . User can add , remove and edit database .Rename database using phpmyadmin
- Install and remove scripts and software from server manually of using softaculous
- Check the metrics of server such as traffic , data usage etc .
- Manage emails (send ,receive or reply emails)
- Publish and unpublish website
Using cpanel user can also manage email accounts .Such as create new email account , delete account , send and receive emails .
Cpanel also help to increase website’s security using the built in tools such as ip blocking , permission setting , using .htaccess , redirects etc .
- User can install and uninstall SSL certificate
- Leech protection
- Hotlink Protection in also controlled in Cpanel.