Create A Google Analytics Account
To create a new google analytics account and go to https://www.google.com/analytics/ . The click on sign in link on top right corner . Then click on Google Analytics link . Look and location of the link may vary on screen size and resolution but working is same.
Click on the upper right corner to sign in .An then click on Google Analytics link . You can use any of your google account to sign in .
Login With Your Gmail Account
After click on Google Analytics link you have to need a gmail or google account to sign this account . Sign in with you gmail account . If you don’t have google account yet ,then create a google account first .
Add your website in Analytics account
After login to account click on Admin tab on top menu . Then click on Create New Account .
Fill the form to add website in analytics account
Firstly select the type of the application for which you want to use analytics tracking. If you want to use tracking for website then click on website tab . And if you want to use tracking on any mobile application than select Mobile app tab .
- In Account Name you can write any name .
- In Website Name write you website name not website url . example- Example.Com .
- In Website Url write proper url of your website ,webpage or web directory . You can write only single page url here to track only a specific page of website .
- Select the type of website in Industry category . Suppose example.com sell computer and electronics then select Computer And Electronics .
- Select the time zone for reporting . Find your time zone .
Select other option below by tick on checkbox . All of these are optional but it is recommended that select all . Then Click on Generate Id button .
After that Select terms and conditions by click on I Accept Button .
Get Tracking Code
When you select terms and click i Accept . you will redirect to tracking code page . Copy the analytics code and paste it on each page which you want to track .
You can paste this tracking code in website manually or dynamically ,both ways . In further reading you can learn how to implement this tracking code in different type of platforms . Some of the examples are as follows .
Add tracking code in wordpress .
Add tracking code in Prestashop .
Add tracking code in PHP .
Add tracking using google tag manager.