What is DigiLocker
DigiLocker is a digital locker service started by government of india . It is A Digital India Initiative started by Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) , Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India
In this service govt. of india provide dedicated personal storage space to each indian . This is a cloud storage space . User of digilocker store his/her personal documents (aadhar card , licences , voter card etc.) online on a free platform .
When user required these document he/she can download these documents via login to his/her digital locker . This locker is linked to resident’s Aadhaar number.
After create or signup your digilocker account you can store your e-documents in this digital locker .
DigiLocker can be used to securely store e-documents as well as store Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) link of e-documents issued by various issuer departments. The e-Sign facility provided as part of DigiLocker system can be used to digitally sign e-documents.
Benifites of DigiLocker (digital locker)
DigiLocker is very useful to keep your document secure and safe .It will provide secure access to Govt.
- It will minimize the use of physical documents and will provide authenticity of the e-documents issued documents.
- It will also reduce administrative overhead of Govt. departments and agencies and make it easy for the residents to receive services .
- You can share your important documents via this digital locker .
Create DigiLocker Account
To create your own digital locker click on the link . In the text fill the Aadhaar number . Read this to learn how to download aadhar .
After fill aadhaar number in the field click on the “Use OTP” button . OTP is one time password . You have recieved this one time password on your mobile number which is registered with your aadhaar number .
This One time password is valid only for within 30 minutes . So check your mobile , read the one time password (OTP) from your massage and fill in the field . Then click “Validate OTP” button .
Know you need to create your DigiLocker Account . Fill the details in the form as follows .
- Choose user name and file in the username field . In username must be 1 number , 1 alphabet and 1 special character . And it must be minimum 8 digits .
- As same choose password for your digilocker account . In password must be 1 number , 1 alphabet and 1 special character . And it is also must be minimum 8 digits .
- Click submit button .
Upload document to DigiLocker
Know go to My document page . In right side of screen click on the orange button to upload files to your digital locker (DigiLocker) . In the Upload document form,upload your documents .
- Select your document type from the dropdown list . It may be your passport , your aadhaar card etc .
- Click on choose file button to select the file from your desktop . Only selected format are allowed to upload (.jpg , .jpeg , .png , .pdf , .bmp , .gif )
- Write the description for your document .
- Click upload button to upload the document