Step to Find Database Name For your Prestashop website
Prestashop database name is required for many purposes such as mass changes in your store , create a backup etc. In prestashop root folder database name found in “settings.inc.php” . So if you don’t know that which is connected to your prestashop website then follows these steps .
- First, log into your cPanel dashboard.
- In the cpanel go to the folder File Manager.
- After entering the File Manager, navigate to the root folder for your PrestaShop store. In my case , the config folder is located under the public_html root folder.
- If you created a folder for prestashop then locate config Under the folder for your PrestaShop store.
- Now that you are in the config folder, you will need to open the settings.inc.php file. Right click on it and click Edit or code edit button To open the file.
- Once opened you will see several lines of code for various settings. Look for the DB_NAME line of code. You will see the database name defined on the right side of the code line as shown in following image. In our example, the DB name is in third line . You can see a sample line of code below:
- Write down the DB name so you can remember it.