WordPress is a free opensource script to create powerful blog or website.This is a largest using script because of wide range of free plugins and flexibility.After new wordpress installation almost all free themes or default theme has there own footer text like “Powered by wordpress” or “Theme name ” .Every web designer want to change footer info and there own text in footer. There are some simple tricks to remove or change footer info in wordpress
Tricks to change footer information in wordpress
To change footer info.Go to your website hosting panel
- Log into your hosting admin dashboard via( Cpanel ) control panel, SSH, or FTP client like Filezilla.
- In the website root folder navigate to the WordPress installation folder.
- At the root folder find and navigate the file footer.php .Its path is like /wp-content/themes/(your-theme)/footer.php
- Right click on footer.php and click to “code edit”
- footer.php look like follows
* The template for displaying the footer
* Contains footer content and the closing of the #main and #page div elements.
* @package WordPress
* @subpackage Twenty_Thirteen
* @since Twenty Thirteen 1.0
</div><!– #main –>
<footer id=”colophon” class=”site-footer” role=”contentinfo”>
<?php get_sidebar( ‘main’ ); ?>
<?php do_action( ‘twentythirteen_credits’ ); ?>
<a href=”<?php echo esc_url( __( ‘http://wordpress.org/’, ‘twentythirteen’ ) ); ?>” title=”<?php esc_attr_e( ‘Semantic Personal Publishing Platform’, ‘twentythirteen’ ); ?>”><?php printf( __( ‘Proudly powered by %s’, ‘twentythirteen’ ), ‘WordPress‘ ); ?></a>
</div><!– .site-info –>
</footer><!– #colophon –>
</div><!– #page –>
<?php wp_footer(); ?>
- Then change “Proudly powered by ” and “wordpress” with your custom text and save file. This information shown footer of wordpress
This footer information file in upper text is for Twenty Thirteen theme.Footer is placed in different lines but placed in footer.php definitely.So please find footer text according your theme and customize it.