Step By Step Prestashop Installation
Prestashop is an open source shopping cart . It is free software to create eCommerce websites. In this lesson i show you how to install it using softaculous app installer.
Read Also : Learn what is softaculous
First of all. Login to your cpanel using credentials . Learn what is cpanel and how to login it .After that go to softwares and services
section . Find softaculous app installer tab and click on it. This will open softaculous app installer. In the left side list click on the “E commerce” tab .
In the eCommerce section find the program “prestashop “. Or you can find it using the search bar .Find prestashop script and click on it. Prestashop installation will appear.
Choose version of prestashop . I recommend choose latest version for installation .
If your site has SSL, then please choose the HTTPS protocol. else Choose http:// . Learn what is protocol .
Select Domain name
Select Domain name which you want to install it. like : mydomain.com .
Choose the directory
Choose the directory which you which you want to install your store. The directory is root folder in which the prestashop is being installed.
For example if you want to install it on domain root ,http://mydomain/dir/ then just type dir. To install only in http://mydomain/ leave this empty.
- Choose Store Name : My Store is by default .choose your own store name
- Choose a unique admin folder which is not predictable (recommended for security reasons) . In this example we will use Admin folder name “Back“
- Leave the table pre fix in database settings
Admin Account settings
- Change admin email with your email account .by default is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choose admin password . You can also change admin password after create the store . Lean how to change password .
- change first name and last name and install .
Choose database name
Database name is automatically generated by default. If you want to change database name then type the name of the database .Database name must not more than 7 characters and name started from alphabet .
Also Read: How to find database name in prestashop
You can leave the table prefix as default .
After that click on install button. It will take few minutes to install . After installation two URL’s will be displayed on the screen .
URL : www.your-domain.com
Admin URl : www.your-domain.com/Back
URL www.your-domain.com is the home page name of your ecommerce store . And Admin URL is the back end of your ecommerce store . Where you can Manage your products and services .What is URL ?