Complete knowledge about HTTP Status Code
HTTP Status Code is response result status of client side or server side .
HTTP stands Hyper Text Transfer Protocol . HTTP is the set of rules to communicate with other devices . According to these rules , HTTP enabled devices communicate with each other in Five parts . These five parts are known as classes . Working of these classes are classified in
- Processing is starting and continuing the request .
- Process is done from client side .
- Additional action to complete the request .
- Processing is not complete due to client side error .
- Processing is not complete due to web server side error .
These five parts known as HTTP status code . These codes are combination of three numerical digits . First numerical digit start from 1 to 5 .
- 1xx (100, 101, 102 ) Start processing to sending request
- 2xx (200, 201, 202 ,203 …..226 ) client side status
- 3xx (300,301, 302 ,303 …..308 ) Any other action is required
- 4xx (400, 401, 402 ,403 …..499 ) Client side errors
- 5xx (500, 501, 502 ,503 …..599 ) Server side errors
Above is the list of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) response status codes. These status codes are used to find status of HTTP request .
Suppose you type a website url www.example.com in web browser and hit enter . And web browser displays 500 error on screen .It means processing is done completely from client side but error is from server side .
List if some common status codes are .
- 500 error, A generic error message by server .
- 404 error content is not found or client side error
- 301 redirection
- 200 status ok