Step by Step guide to install wordpress using softaculous
Using softaculous you can install wordpress with 4 steps .
Step #1 Login to cPanel
In cPanel go to softaculous apps installer section . Click on the link softaculous apps installer . A new page is open . In some Computer screens resolutions this folder is not displayed . In that case scripts icon are displayed directly in softaculous Apps installer section like displayed in the following image .
In that case click on the wordpress icon to install it . In case of you click on wordpress icon in app installer section step #2 is not required .
Step #2 Select wordpress script from new webpage
Mouse Over the wordpress icon and click on install button .
Step #3 Click on install Button
In this page you can check your wordpress version , features and demo by click on tabs . Click on install button .
Step #4 WordPress Website Settings
In this step wordpress installation page is open . Do the right settings for your wordpress admin panel and front look .
Software Setup Settings
- In choose protocol select protocol from dropdown menu .
- Choose Domain : in this section select the domain in which you want to install wordpress .
- In Directory : Write the directory name in which you want to install wordpress . In this example i installed wordpress in directory name “site” . So website run on http://cocograb.com/site URL .
- Table settings : By default “wp_” is the prefix for your database table . you can change it (optional) .
In this section website’s front text is defined.
- Site Name : Choose any site name . This is displayed in the head section of your webpage .
- Site description : Website’s shot description is written here
- Enable Multisite : After enable this feature you can install multiple sites on you wordpress site . Read more about mulisite feature . If you don’t know about mulisite then leave it as disabled .
- Admin username : Choose any username , this is used for login to wordpress admin dashboard . Remember this username . If you forgot username you can unable to login admin panel .
- Admin password : Choose a secure password for your website . Because wordpress is a popular script which is attacked by hackers using brute force method .
- Admin email : Write your email address in which you want to recieve you password and other details if you forgot it .
Remember all of this section writings .
Choose Language :
- Select you website’s language for your site .
- Limit Login Attempts : This option is only displayed in wordpress version 4.0 and above . This is a security feature of your wordpress site . With enable this check-box you can limit the login attempts . If anyone can try to login using brute force he/she is disabled or blocked .
This feature is also shown is advanced wordpress versions . Only use this if you have some deep knowledge of coding or database . In this section you can specify automatic backup settings for your website .
- In this field select a them for your website . You can also change and install theme after wordpress installation .
Email Installation Details
It is also an optional field . You can specify any email in this field . You get all installation details on this email id .
See the step by step video of wordpress installation
After all settings are done click on install button bellow . It may take 5-10 minutes time according your internet connection speed .