What is 4G Network ?
The abbreviation 4G is made with two words 4 + G .”4 “means fourth and “G” refers to generation. It is used for next generation after 3G. “4”G represents high-speed mobile technologies. It will be used to replace current 3G networks. The two top contenders are Long Term Evolution (LTE) and WiMAX, both of which are IP based networks that are built from similar, yet incompatible, technologies.
Difference between 3G and 4G
There are many difference between 3G and 4 G networks.Basic difference shown from their name 3G and 4G . “3”G means third generation and “4 “G means fourth generation. So it is obvious the latest technology is much better than old technology and this is the advance technology.
- 3G network provide the data transfer rate Up to 3.1Mbps with an average speed range between 0.5 to 1.5 Mbps . And “4“G network provide estimated at a range of 100 to 300 Mbps data transfer rate.
- 3G network use frequency band 1.8 – 2.5 GHz but 4G network use frequency 2 – 8 GHz.
- 3G use Turbo codes for forward error correction. and 4G use Concatenated codes for error corrections
Which is better 3G or 4G
- “4”G phones are much faster than 3G networks, but that’s is not working in all cases. There are many different technologies called “4G,” speed is depend on implementation of technology. The International Telecommunications Union (ITU) set the minimum requirements to call a technology to 4G but these minimum requirements were ignored by carriers , and eventually the ITU backed down. 4G technologies include HSPA+ 21/42, WiMAX, and LTE. whenever 3G technology
- 4G technology networks provide high speed internet than 3G but it drain the battery very fast rather than 3G ,because of high speed data transfer rate.
- Almost all new smartphones and devices are support 3G network technology but only 20% of new devices support 4 G network technology .4G devices are much costly than 3G devices.
- If you have a 4g network supported device but you network operator support only 3G than you have no benefit to buy 4G device.You internet speed is still 3G.