What is Microprocessor
A microprocessor is a control unit of a computer , a micro-computer or an any other device . Microprocessor is an integrated circuit that contains all the functions of a central processing unit of a computer . It is fabricated on a small chip .This small chip is built with silicon . Microprocessor is capable to perform Arithmetic Logical Unit (ALU) operations . It could also communicating with the other devices connected to it . A microprocessor is designed to execute logical and computational tasks with typical operations such as addition/subtraction, inter process and device communication, input/output management , etc .
A microprocessor is a component or a hardware that performs the tasks of computer processing by taking instructions . In a computer , It is the central unit that executes and manages the logical instructions .
In the following video you can learn about the working of microprocessors .
How A Microprocessors Works
A microprocessor may also be called a processor or central processing unit, but it is actually more advanced in terms of architectural design .
- As you watch in the video using ALU (Arithmetic/Logic Unit), it can perform mathematical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division .
- It can move data from one memory location to another.
- A microprocessor can make decisions and jump to a new set of instructions based on those decisions.
A Microprocessor is the brain of any computer device . Without a processor ,computer can’t do simple tasks such as even your computer mouse can’t move one step .
Types of Microprocessors
Microprocessors are classified in two categories
- GPP – General Purpose Processors
- ASP – Application Specific Processors