What is Proxy Server
How it Works
It’s working is very simple . In it client computer send request to this intermediate server (proxy-server) . This intermediate server send this request to host server .
Host server or host computer response to the request and send it back to Proxy Servers . It receive this response and forward it to client computer . During this process proxyServer work as a intermediate between client computer and host computer .
Uses & Benifits
It may exist in the same machine as a firewall server or it may be on a separate computer, which forwards requests . ProxyServers are used mostly by networks in organizations and companies according to Microsoft .
These type of servers use for many purposes such as it is used for secure data from hacking ,hack other computers , scan incoming data , hide identity of computer etc.
- It provides facilitating access to content on the World Wide Web with hide user identity.
- It also help improve security by filtering out some web content and malicious software.
- It can optimize and compress the content to speed up the load time.
- It can distribute the load to several web servers .So it may cause speed up page loading time .
- It provides administrative control over the content .With use of proxy server user can filter content before sending on client computer . It is commonly used in both commercial and non-commercial organizations such as schools .
- A translation proxy server is used to localize a website experience . For example when visitor type google.com in web browser and hit enter .
Web browser send request to google proxy server . It find location of visitior and provide result . Suppose if the visitor is from INDIA then results of web browser www.google.co.in .It also used to translate web page to other languages .