Step by step guide to upgrade firmware of TP-Link Modem Router
- Find your device model .
- Verify firmware version of your modem router .
- Download compatible version firmware from tp-link website .
- Upload firmware version to ADSL modem router .
- Install it and restart it .
Before go ahead ,take care about following instructions .
- Upgrade only using LAN. Don’t use wireless connection or Wi-Fi for upgrade .
- Keep backup of modem settings of on pc . If you don’t know how to do backup ,then write down all setting on paper before upgrade . After upgrade firmware you need to set these settings again .
- Don’t power off modem or router during upgrade .
- It is recommended to use internet explorer to upgrade it .
Find ADSL Modem Router Model
First step is find your ADSL modem router model name .
Model name: Tp-Link 54 mbps ADSL Modem Router .
Model Number : TD-W8101G
Verify Hardware Firmware Version
Before download upgrade software find write version of firmware . If you download and install wrong firmware then it may cause damage your device .
To find firmware version take the TP-Link Modem Router in hand and see the back side of device . As shown in image bellow ,firmware is written bellow the bar code area .
Example : it looks like |”ver 1.1” in following image . Your Adsl modem router model number is also seen here such as “TD- W8101G”
Download compatible software version
After find right version software (firmware) go to tp-link website download center . Download same version of software from website .
Suppose on hardware firmware version is “v 3” then download same software from website . Then you can select firmware versions “v 3.1” or “v 3.2” etc or latest release of “V 3” .
Upload software to ADSL router and install
Know it’s time to install new upgrade version . Login to modem router . Go to top menu of modem and click on “Maintenance” tab .
In Maintenance page click on “Firmware” tab . Click on choose file button and select firmware file from your local drive .
Click “Upgrade” button . This will take 5-10 minutes to upgrade . After that restart Modem router . Know your TP-Link ADSL Modem Router is upgraded .